Less is: ART


“Less is more.”  Mies Van Der Rohe, an 1880s minimalist architecture, once said.
Minimalism is a term that describes and expresses an identity through simplistic elements to create a maximum effect. 
For over decades, minimalism has been considered being one of the most impacted movements of all time, because of the exposure of essence and the identity an artist provokes. For a month, I will be blogging about how "Less is...", and how many ways minimalism is translated through art and fashion. 


Minimalist art is described also as: modernism, abstract expressionism, post minimalism, dadaism, and is mostly known to be influenced by Japanese design and architecture. Here are a few of the mostly known minimalist artist and some of my favorite minimal works:




1917, Marcel Duchamp



1945, Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

1946, Pablo Picasso


1962, Harry Everett Smith

1962 Anne Truit

1966, Ad Reinhardt

1988, John McCracken

1997, Richard Sierra
It's amazing, how such simplicity can be so beautiful. As a few of my previous articles have mentioned and described how I view simplicity and minimalism, I hope that you all will enjoy this month of how I minimalism is translated through art and fashion. Keep updated with the month's "Less is.." presented by myself, Shayla Torres. 

Yours Truly! 

1 comment:

Instagram