Simplistic Elegance

What is the difference between elegance and simplicity [in my perspective]? The answer is simple [literally]. To me- simplicity, is a way of living life in an uncomplicated matter and elegance is a way of expressing a sense of style and devotion through fashion. Simplicity is a philosophical way in which I decide to accommodate by and understand the meaning of thinking in black and white, while using my passion for elegance in order to express and create and showcase my pieces of art. Sure, those may not be the exact definitions.... but you can google the rest if you need to.


 “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
― Leonardo da Vinci


 I would say that my biggest inspiration is most definitely caused by philosophy and philosophers. The beauty in which philosophers create by expressing their observations and input of life and explain to the people, have been my most inspired projects in which I try to showcase what they are trying to say expressed within fashion.




 “Like all magnificent things, it's very simple.”
― Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting  


In this styling project, in which I worked along with photographer Justin Smith from BasicWild, I  hope to bring simplistic and elegant thoughts as looking through this photoshoot. The idea was to embrace the human beauty of simplistic skin and expressions. I couldn't thank Justin Smith more for making this amazing photoshoot look the way I envisioned it in my head while styling it. 







Well hope you guys enjoy and of course I can't forget thanking the wonderful H&MUA/Model Katelyn Moore, and my favorite male model Kyle Scholz. 

Xoxo,
Shayla Torres. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram