Remembering The Beauty of Elegance

So it is my time to begin thinking about what my next steps will be for my near future. With a year to go in school and counting down the day of my graduation, I tend to stress. When I stress, I tend to run away, which causes me to stress even more. However, I have finally came to the realization that time is running out and I need to make an impact. So, I am back to blogging. Not only because it is "IN", or because "everyone else is doing it", but for the main reason I had started this, which is TO GAIN FASHION KNOWLEDGE, and SHOWCASE MY TALENTS! 

Since 8th grade, after working on a fashion project and realizing that fashion is my passion, I have been inspired by the 1950s. The elegance of a woman, glamorous life, and the couture fashion in the 50s impacted me throughout these years. However, last quarter during my Survey to Fashion Designers class, I first learned about Edith Head, and my vision of design changed dramatically with the realization of our similar taste.

For those who don't know, which I wish she would be recognized more than she is, Edith Head was a costume designer mostly known in 50s-70s. She designed costumes for Paramount and Universal Pictures. Her creativity was showcased as unique, with a sense of elegance that brought true couture to motion pictures. 

My favorite film, in which she designed every garment, is "Rear Window", starring the beautiful actress, Grace Kelly. Personally, Grace Kelly has been one of the most beautiful women, due to her chic femininity in which she showcased throughout her career.

" I've dressed thousands of actors, actresses and animals,
 but whenever I am asked which star is my personal favorite, I answer, "Grace Kelly."
 She is a charming lady, a most gifted actress and, to me, a valued friend."
 -Edith Head





















To these beautiful, striving, and inspiring women, I sincerely dedicate this blog as well as my first collection defining and remembering the elegance of the 50s that they both portrayed. 


Definitely be expecting more to come from me, as I begin to work on my first collection... Slowly but steady
Xoxo,
Shayla Torres.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram