Black Is The New Black



I feel as if I've been running a marathon in a dry, hot desert and I can barely now see the finish line. I'm almost at the finish line of the last quarters of school. All of a sudden, I'm an adult. And this adult life.... is fucking with my patience. However, even though I'm thirsty and wanting my degree with desperation, I feel like I've found my personal style, and that makes me so happy.

Coming to an understanding of what the true definition of brand equity is, is an extreme personal accomplishment. Like I've stated in previous articles about minimalism, I continue to expose minimalist trends through my personal style and social networks. Throughout the years of my oh-so-called "passion for fashion" life, I've never been the extreme girly type. I'm actually rarely seen out wearing heels and a short skirt. And not to mention, my two gay best friends Devon and Brandon, are comparing me to Cara Delevingne's tomboy style while they get to be Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton [oh, the entertainment of hanging around gay men]. However, this whole MINMIL profile, makes it so much easier for me to categorize myself in any type of category. Perhaps maybe that's what I'm trying to create, a basic comfortable minimalist lifestyle for my fashion needs. So an easy way to do that, is by wearing black.  All Black Everything!!! Oh, and let's kick the person off the planet that believes that wearing all black is goth. IT IS NOT! 


[My 1st designed shirt above, available for sale soon]

Due to this discovery of my own fashion style, I am even more motivated to further research and dedicate time to these subjects. I plan on focusing on MINMIL by allowing it to broaden it's networking skills and to eventually become a creative directing company. As for now, I'll stick to running to win my degrees' finish line along with a nice cold bottle of water [tequila hehe]. 



 Anyway, first, I'd like to say that I gladly got to work again with my kick-ass friend Chelsea. Her face might seem familiar due to the fact that she's worked for me in previous photoshoots and fashion runways shows. I was lucky to style this shoot before she left back to Wilmington, and I love how it turned out. Also, I'd like to give a big thank you to Carsen Mackenzie Jewelry for allowing us to style her bad-ass rings [for sale here]. Well, to give you a bit of an introduction as to what you will be seeing more in this blog, The purpose for "black is the new black", is to embody minimalism through wearing different types of black outfits that represent a classic lifestyle in our everyday life. Being classic, by wearing black, is such an easy way of saying "Fuck it, I need to look good... and fast" lol. Next time you're doubting what to wear, don't even think twice and just wear that black semi-dressy item in your closet. I guarantee you'll be the best one dressed anyway. ;]

PS: Let's give a thumbs up to Chelsea for looking great in MINMILs first designed black shirt. 
Yours Truly,
Shayla Torres. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram